CASA of Walker, San Jacinto, and Trinity Counties offers rewarding, challenging, and fun career opportunities for those who are interested. Our staff includes an Executive Director, Development Director, Training Coordinator, and Advocacy Coordinators. All members of our team work together to recruit, train, guide, and support qualified and dedicated members of our community to advocate for children, while also informing the community of our services and engaging them to participate in our mission.
Want to be a part of what we’re doing?? Our current openings are listed below!
The Advocacy Coordinator is responsible for the ongoing supervision of CASA volunteer advocates and for oversight of CASA assigned cases. Primary duties involve case management, volunteer supervision, and providing casework services on cases with no active volunteer.
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt, Full Time (35-40 hours/week)
WORK SCHEDULE: M-F, 8:00-5:00pm or as determined by Executive Director; some evenings and weekends required
WORK LOCATION: Huntsville office (officially designated upon hire), some travel required
STARTING SALARY: $2,500-$2,900/month
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or a GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, criminal justice, or similar field, OR 3 years related experience, OR A combination of education, experience, and training that would produce the required knowledge and abilities
- Must have reliable transportation, a current driver’s license and current auto insurance.
- Experience with children preferred
- Experience supervising others preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to maintain objectivity.
- Ability to exhibit professionalism in behavior and appearance.
- Ability to facilitate the work of others & facilitate conflict resolution in productive ways
SCREENING & TRAINING
- Must successfully complete screening requirements, to include an employment application, personal interview, reference checks, and criminal background investigation.
- Must take an oath of confidentiality and be sworn in by a District Judge as a Court Appointed Special Advocate.
- Must complete 30 hours of pre-service training
If interested, email an employment application and narrative responses to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, you may contact Executive Director Kimberly Weiser @ email@example.com or 936.291.6363.
Incomplete applications will not be considered for employment. Position will remain open until filled.