ADVOCATE OF THE YEAR
NOMINEE #3: Catharine James
Catharine James joined our CASA team in April 2019. In her two years with CASA she has served as an advocate on three cases with a total of 5 children. Cat is an asset to the CASA Program in EVERY way. She serves the children with excellence, makes it a priority to support the CASA program in other ways, and involves herself in every way she is able.
We could go on and on about all the wonderful things Catharine has done, but to name a few, over the past two years Catharine has:
- spent over 160 hours advocating for her CASA children,
- earned 50 In-Service training hours,
- helped sell Parade of Playhouse raffle tickets and joined us in the Christmas Parade,
- helped her CASA child make an art piece for our Christmas in July fundraiser two years in a row,
- volunteered many hours at Hope’s Bridge Resource Center,
- served on the hospitality team for our Amplifying Advocacy Conference Committee, and
- recruited her husband to serve as her CASA Companion.
She has never missed court and always gives great testimony and thorough updates to all parties involved. Additionally, Catharine has been a support to many of the previous caregivers in her cases; she is always checking with them to see if they need anything and has supplied diapers, car seats, space heaters, and clothes to families in her case from Hope’s Bridge. She was awarded New Advocate of the year in 2020 and in a single year she traveled over 2,500 miles to see her CASA kiddos!
We are so happy to have Catharine at CASA and are so thankful for the advocacy work she does for these children. She is a valued member of the CASA team and very deserving of this nomination!